1. What is Deganawida's cultural background?
2. Why would it have been difficult for the people who lived near Lake Ontario get beads and shells from the East Coast?
3. Why was Hayehwatha was honoured by the gift of Wampum?
4. Why don't people know exactly when the Haudenosaunee Confederacy occurred?
5. Why did the people of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy bury their weapons under the roots of the tree?
6. The Hiawatha Belt is quite famous. Why do you think this is so?
7. Why was Deganawida also called "The Peacemaker"?
8. Look at this picture of the Hiawatha Belt:
What might each symbol mean?
9. Why wasn't an important event like the Haudenosaunee Confederacy recorded using ink and paper?
10. How did Deganawida take part in helping Canada become a unified country?
11. Where did the term "Bury the hatchet" (meaning to" forgive and forget") come from?
So where are you going next?